i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Monday, March 05, 2007

You Can't Make This Shit Up

So the gist of what's been going on is this:

DHS offered me a job about two months ago that sounded crappy and paid about the same as what I'm making now

I expressed disinterest in their crappy job at the rate they were offering

Last week they came back and offered me $5,000 more/year ($8k more than what I'm making now)

I immediately accepted the job

They revoked their offer in a voicemail in the middle of the night

I had my IRS union rep call the woman back

They reinstated their original offer with the low pay; the job still sounds crappy

I asked them to reinstate their second offer and explain what the problem was

The nasty woman from HR who left the voicemail sent me a series of emails suggesting that I find someone else to answer my HR-related questions

I contacted her supervisor this morning to determine to whom I should then be addressing my HR questions

The supervisor answered my questions

The nasty HR woman then emailed me answering the same questions

I just emailed the nasty HR woman suggesting that she not contact me again until she has new information to relay

And there we are.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Whuh????

     
  • At 6:32 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    That is the general consensus, yes.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's awful - who knew job getting could be as awful as job searching? (Says the girl who has yet to receive a law job offer.) I'm so sorry. It does make for great copy, however - please keep us updated :)

     
  • At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Any new developments?

    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home