i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Today's News

I just found out that the stupid crappy paralegal job would start me at Grade 7 - this is exciting since the IRS has me at a 5. That's the difference between $14.85 and $18.40 an hour. It's also more than several lawyer jobs I've interviewed (and apparently not been qualified) for. Of course, as I have alluded to previously, I would be doing something fairly morally reprehensible. But it would be such a much easier commute. So now I'm slightly less annoyed that I have to miss half a day of paid training to go.

Tomorrow, speaking of things that are morally reprehensible, I have to go to the DMV to get a new driver's license and register my car in this stupid state. I'm taking a few hours off from my awful temp job and going in the morning in the hopes that the illiterate degenerates won't have had time to line up in front of me. So hopefully it'll just be me and the other unemployed uberlosers. The only catch is that I can't find my title. Do you think they'll just take it for granted that I own my car? Yeah, me neither. Luckily the dear, sweet state of Maryland, which I wish I could keep my cute little license plates from forever, will let me print a new one right off the internet. For a fee though. Stupid fees I can't afford! I shake my fist at you!!!

I just found out my next Spanish class is going to be just me and one other person. What do you think the chances are that this person is smart and cool and not some kind of nervous twitching super freak? Pretty slim I'd say. I got a voicemail from the school today and it sounds like they're condensing the class to 2 hours down from 3, which is kind of nice on the one hand, and kind of makes me feel like they're screwing me out of my money on the other. I've got to hurry up and get motivated to study before next Wednesday. I want to be the smart one going in.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:37 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    I think $18 an hour is almost $30K a year! Woo hoo! Look at you go!

     
  • At 9:25 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Dude - according to the salary tables, it's like $38k! That's enough to pay my loans AND eat food! Food from the store! And it's nearly enough to buy brand name food too - no more Artificially Flavored Colored Loops for breakfast!!!

     
  • At 1:03 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Yeah baby! $38K! You will, however, still have to buy store brand mayonnaise and cheese and milk. Oh well. Good luck!

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    That's ok though. I kind of like the plasticky taste of the store brand cheese.

    I'm sure there will be someone vastly more sickeningly overqualified competing with me for this job though. Like what is John Ashcroft doing now? Nothing? Why not get a paralegal job, just to make sure someone who really needs it can't have it! Yay! Fun! Crush the weak! Woohoo!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home