i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I've Got Nothing

Things have been pretty busy up at Ye Olde IRS, as you might expect. I got certified to work by myself last Friday, which means I can work overtime now - sweet, sweet overtime, where I net more than double my normal hourly rate. I've been home sick for the last two days, but I'm pretty sure I can still work overtime, because it kicks in if you work more than 8 hours in one day. Awesome.

I also got a commemorative pin for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Excellence or something like that for having lots of perfect reviews. I get to wear it on my id badge neck strap and make everyone else jealous. I thought I had skin cancer or some kind of hideous fungus or something for a week last week until I realized that it was just the neck strap wearing away my skin. I bought it at my law school's bookstore too, so selling me razor sharp ribbons to wear around my neck is just one more thing they're doing to look out for me after graduation. Thanks guys!!! It was probably manufactured by unemployed law students they locked in a dungeon to make them go away. And that boosts the numbers too, since technically slavery is a form of employment.

I've been semi-productive with my job applications for the last few days. I just found something that sounds very similar to my current job, but with the state. The major difference is that it pays $11,000 more to start. Is that not completely ridiculous? I want $11,000. Think of all the shoes I could buy! Not to mention the purses. It's still not an attorney position, but I've pretty much given up on ever getting one of those.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 3:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Have you applied to Dept of Revenue job that is currently posted? It seems to come up often, but now with the IRS gig, it could be a high possiblity. Good luck.

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Being an attorney blows, but I think you have to try it to prove it to yourself. I'm looking for other options. Like bookstore/coffeeshop ownership.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home