i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Down With Daylight Savings

I find it severely unfair that I had to get up at 4:45am this morning. And don't tell me that it was really 5:45 just because Congress decreed it so. It was 4:45, and I was so tired I thought I might vomit all morning. I spent the morning rounding down instead of rounding up in retaliation. Oh ok, not really, but I certainly fantasized about it. I'm going to bed at 9:30. I can't wait.

I got a voicemail from the Worthless HR Bitch this afternoon confirming that they have in fact revoked their offer back down to it's crappy original form. So no, WHRB, I am not still interested, but thanks so very much for all your gracious assistance. I'll just assume that blogging my answer is sufficient to inform them that I'm declining until I hear otherwise.

Their stupid crappy job does pay like $3000 more a year, but I think it's more worth it to stay at the IRS since if I ever were to get a law job, by some miracle, I would want to do tax law. I found a listing for a more interesting IRS job this morning too, so maybe that will turn into something.

My poor, innocent tv is trapped in the attic, which we can't get to because we're having the second floor floors finished this week. We gave serious consideration to setting up a ladder so we could climb through the third story windows to watch tv, but since we're in the suburbs now I was afraid the neighbors might call the cops or organize a petition against us or whatever angry suburban people do when they're not watching tv. We're listening to some cheerful thing about suicide on NPR right now. I miss my tv.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home