i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Wish I Were A Llama

Maybe I'm just deluded, but I don’t feel like this bar exam stuff is very hard. I mean, law school was hard. Law school was like “read these 800 pages of poorly written judicial rambling and then write a 3 hour essay based on a cryptic comment I made in class one day! If you dare! Muahahaha!!!” But this is like “Number One – A, Number Two – B, etc.” And you just have to memorize everything and be like “Oh, look, Number One conspired with Number Two to smuggle in 90 kilos of cocaine from Mexico, so A, B, and conspiracy doesn’t merge!”

What scares me though is that I sucked at law school exams (in that special law school way where a B is a wretched failure) so I feel like I must be missing something. That's right, I'm scared that I should be more scared.

But then on the other hand, I don’t want to be one of those assholes who sits around all summer pondering whether llamas are domesticated and gets all the llama bite questions wrong.

Speaking of which, we had our last day of Torts lecture yesterday. I then came home and saw both Last Comic Standing and the pathetic Adam Sandler interview on the Daily Show, both of which are things you would imagine might contain some degree of comedy, but I swear to god the Torts lecturer was infinitely more funny than both of them. I even went so far as to prove my point by subjecting my boyfriend to my lame retelling of the pot smoking/exploding apartment hypo, although mine contained a tedious, protracted pause in the middle where I tried to explain the concept of stautory borrowing briefly and failed, thus murdering the poor story. Which was just more proof that the Torts guy is actually funny.

By way of contrast, we had our first Contracts lecture today, which was so tedious it caused me actual physical pain (intentional infliction of emotional distress anyone?). It's going to take some serious voluntary intoxication to compensate for that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home