i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Zen

I do not wish to discuss That Which We Must Not Mention.

I know that it starts tomorrow, but that does not mean we must discuss it.

I am in my happy place and nothing can hurt me here.

I will spend the day leisurely perusing Things I Already Know That I Know to boost my confidence.

I will also shamelessly attempt to gain karma points (the use of which has been explained in comment to another post) by donating to my two favorite charities.

The benevolent deities will not mind that the donations are very small, since they know that I am both unemployed and unemployable.

I will leave you with two parables, that came to me in the form of dreams last night:

In the first, I decided to take some summer classes at another law school. I showed up to my remedial Con Law class and found out it would be in a swimming pool. A swimming pool full of sharks. I am terrified of sharks (as a result of my grandparents letting me con them into renting Jaws for me at an early age). The professor stood on the side of the tank barking questions at us. It was not unlike my 1L class. But I didn't drown. And I knew the answers. And I climbed out of the tank at the end (alone, but hey...)

In the second, I was on my way to an assassin's convention. It was on a luxury ferry of some kind and I wasn't actually an assassin, I was just assigned to sit in that room with them. Ticketing error. Anyway, they're all sitting around talking things over, and they start to die one by one. So obviously someone in the room is picking them off. It gets down to me and these two guys. One of them is trying to get me to turn the handle on this door and the other one is trying to sneak up behind me. I notice I have a little vial of spray in my hand and two tiny cartoon erasers. Then I realize that it was me that was killing everyone and the little erasers are my calling card. Total suprise ending. So I spray them both in the face and go home.

And so from this we learn that if we can swim with the sharks and outwit the assassins, perhaps tomorrow will not kill us after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home