i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

I Quit

Boyfriend decided to invite Little Brother Who Just Graduated From College over for dinner last night. I was not amused. So instead of learning Commercial Paper, Agency, and Partnership, I cooked and cleaned. I can't just not clean when someone is coming over. It's part of my DNA. Anyway, I couldn't be too mad cause it was all just a ploy to get him over here, get him drunk, then wake him up at 6am to go help build our house. Which is what they're off doing right now. Heh.

So yeah, I'm a sucker for the booze, and I totally *meant* to just eat dinner and then go back and study. But I'm also a total unbelievable lightweight at this point, so I had one glass of wine at dinner and was half in the bag. Followed by, like, four more glasses, two beers, a trip to the local bar (where I won a pint glass - yay! free!) a quick stumble home at something embarrassing like 11, and then, because LBWJGFC likes to stay up till 4am and has the tolerance of a draft horse, two quick rounds of some drinking game where Boyfriend and I conspired against him until he crawled off to the living room and passed out.

The Verdict: If that is what being done with the bar exam will be like, being done with the bar exam will be much more fun that studying for the bar. Write that down so you don't forget.

The Dicta: I think that Chaser stuff really works. I feel awesome. There's still time for you to order some before the end of your bar exam. Just make sure you get the one with the charcoal and not the homeopathic one for wine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home