i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Bad Decision Making

Agh! I knew something was wrong when the studying yesterday went so smoothly! I finished my whole studying To Do list, which is unheard of for me. I was feeling great. Then I went to bed, lay down, and had a total nervous breakdown. I lay awake until about 3am when I decided to take a NyQuil to help me sleep. And it did, although I had nightmares that I was reading my flashcards all night. I prefer to think that was just my brains way of neatly arranging them in my mental filing cabinets where I can speedily access them on exam day.

Then my alarm went off at 8am. And I could not wake up. But I couldn't go back to sleep either. I lay there from 8am - 11:30 thinking "just five more minutes and I'll feel better." But no. I still can't wake up and it's nearly NOON! Agh!

How am I supposed to do 12 hours of work today if I can't wake up??? Plus I can't stay up late to finish cause I need to get up at 7:30 tomorrow - I'm trying to creep my wake up time down gradually to the miserable 6am I have to get up at to make it to the exam both days.

And while I'm on the subject, why the hell do they have to start the exam at 8:30 both days? We get out at 4! Why can't they start it at 10:30 and let us out at 6???

Plus now I have to waste at least half an hour to go buy flashcards #701-900. And if they think I'm going to wash my hair or look like a decent human being when I walk into that drugstore, they've got another thing coming. They're getting lipstick and clothes that cover my alltogether, and that's it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home