i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dirty Unwashed Depressive

I managed to get up in time to watch most of the Price is Right this morning. I'm so proud of myself. Ok not really, but whatever. Now I really feel unemployed! I like how the ads alternate between denture adhesive and antidepressants, since clearly only the elderly and dirty unwashed depressives are at home watching tv at 11am.

It's supposed to be recordbreaking hot here today. It's supposed to be about 100 and feel like 111. I know that's not impressive to those of you who live in, say, Texas, but that's Really Really Hot when you consider we get like 6 feet of snow during our 9 month long winters. We've got two little window a/c's and they're already losing the battle.

On the job front, I guess I'm going to try to send my resume out to some temp agencies today to see if I can get some receptionist/secretarial work. Ugggggh. I mean I actually like that kind of work but it pays so poorly here. It's so unfair. I should have just become a paralegal straight out of college. That's what Boyfriend's little brother is going to try to do and he's going to end up making twice what I make even if I get a lawyer job! How f*'d up is that? Plus the little bugger has *no* debt from college, whereas my debt makes me queasy just thinking about it. And all the paralegal ads are specifically like "No JDs." STUPID WORTHLESS DEGREE!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:56 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    See, that's the thing. It might be hotter here, but everyone has air conditioning. It's everywhere. In every room in the house, including the tiny little powder room. In every car. In the office. In the grocery store. So it might 159 degrees outside, but inside it is 63 degrees and I'm FREEZING, which is why I wander around all summer long in two layers of sweatshirts.

    And I love the Price Is Right. Except that since the bar exam, I have yet to get up early enough to actually watch it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home