i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Joy of Free Stuff

Yesterday I was stuck in traffic and the radio station I was listening to was like "call now - win stuff!" so I called and won stuff! Yay stuff!

I won 4 tickets to a very minor league baseball game, dinner for 2 at Outback Steakhouse (mmm...fried onion), and a "plate." At the game, they're bringing a kangaroo, and they put the plates out in the field and whoever's plate it eats off of wins a trip for 4 to Australia. Fascinating concept, non? But I will not mock them until later because I'd almost rather win that than pass the bar. And by "almost" I mean "totally." I was also promised an opportunity to pat the kangaroo if I show up. I enjoy patting kangaroos:



Even freaky albino ones.

In other news, I bought a new pillow yesterday that was so comfy I accidentally slept for 11 hours again and now I've got a monster headache. I don't blame my pillow though. I'm naming him Pouf Pouf and I will love him forever, or until he goes all limp and useless, in which case he will be mercilessly replaced. Boyfriend is jealous.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am very intrigued by this get the kangaroo to eat off the plate thing. What if the kangaroo is pissed off because it doesn't like baseball and it refuses to eat? But that would be incredibly rad if you won.

     
  • At 10:21 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Yeah my experience with zoo kangaroos is they are fat and lazy and overfed, so I am also worried about it not being hungry. I'm also a little worried they might starve it first so it'll want to eat, which would just be mean.

    Not to jinx it, but I think I've got decent odds. They're only giving this stuff away once per DJ per day for like 7 days max. What's that like 1 in 40?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home