i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Horror On The 13th Floor

It's been two weeks now since my 3rd interview with the state Dept of Revenue. I haven't heard from them. My puny earthling brain keeps insisting that it's the holidays and it's the government, so it's reasonable that I haven't heard back yet. But my higher consciousness off on Nematode 5 knows that it's because they already hired someone else AGAIN and just don't have the common decency to tell me AGAIN.

Now don't ask me to explain why I would ever attempt to involve these people in my lives still, but I had also written to career services (which I know causes you all to scream Agh! No! Don't Go In There!!! all horror-movie style - and yes, they are actually located on the 13th floor, nice touch, non?) to ask for help in letting the state folks know that the Feds were interested to help them make the right decision and just hire me. I sent it to the general question email address they have in hopes of getting a faster reply. One of the ladies who used to work with me, back before I graduated without a job and became a total pariah that they normally try to pawn off on the part-time lady who sucks the most, wrote back right away and was like "Oh that's great! Call me and we'll talk about this!" Well you know...if I were in a position to be making phone calls during the day that would be great, but I wasn't because I was temping. I tried at lunch though, twice, and couldn't get ahold of her. Then I got an email from her on the 22nd saying "We're off for Christmas now for the next two freaking weeks but I'll try to call you from home." Yeah right. So that never happened obviously. So I'm sure by now I totally missed my chance to try to leverage this thing to my advantage since they probably made their decision within the first few days.

Thanks again CDO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home