i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Power Of The Purse

Yesterday, I rescheduled my plans with my friend V with the magic job luck purse to go out on Wednesday night instead since Monday didn't work out. Then, last night, I got a phone call from the state Tax Man, who I haven't heard from since the beginning of SEPTEMBER when I had my first and second interviews. They want me to come in for a third interview with the head of the bureau. Eeee!

The advantages of this job over the IRS job are as follows:
1) It pays about $30k more per year
2) It's an actual lawyer job

The disadvantages are:
1) It's litigation
2) That is all

Never doubt the power of the purse. I haven't even touched it yet, and already it's working for me. It also found me a temp job for just today - the day I'm going to see it.

Keep rubbing, y'all. I'll bring more luck back tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home