i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Oh Lord Won't You Give Me A Job At Appeals

Well I don't think it went particularly well. But, clearly, when you think an interview/test/first date has gone well, it actually means you're a miserable failure (not that the event it self was, mind you - you know you're the big loser.) I don't know if the opposite is true though.

It sounded to me like they were looking to hire the least lawyerly lawyer possible. They want someone who won't write 60 pages when will do and who can take orders from a non-JD without getting some kind of superiority complex. They also kept saying they knew I could do the job but that they're looking for the right personality fit.

That's my downfall I think. If they want to see people's personalities, they should take us out drinking or camping in the woods or make us express ourselves through the wonders of collage. The one thing I'm not in an interview is myself. But could they really, possibly imagine that I would sit at work shaking and sweating with a twitching eye all day every day? And didn't the guy down the hall with the twitching eye who collects his own hair and fingernail clippings in jars on the shelf at the back of his office come off as a real charmer when he had his interview 27 years ago? You bet he did, and that's why they're so nervous about hiring people now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Oh the "right personality" line. That one got used on me in many a interview, and again yesterday when she fired me. Being an attorney sucks. I hope this job works out for you though! You can take orders with the best of them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home