i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Price Is Right

Yeah, I stayed home "sick" mainly to watch the new Price Is Right with Drew Carey that premiered yesterday, which I Tivo'd, as well as the new episode today. What are you gonna do about it?

I also wanted 2 extra hours of sleep. And I put my inner whiny do-gooder back to sleep by promising to study for pretty much the whole day (after TPIR is over, obviously.) We'll see how that goes.

The host change seems ok. DC is a better choice than that guy from Saved By The Bell and whoever all else they were considering. The host can't be someone with an obtrusive personality or who wants to be famous too badly. I'm ok with this. Although I think they rigged all the games because everyone won their individual prize and two people got the dollar on their spins. And the little trashy sorority girl won a trailer. Heh.

I love the old people commercials. They make me think of my Estate Planning class.

As a bonus, now that I've established a fake illness, I can try to get out of work a couple hours early tomorrow to go shmooze people at this school career thing that's at 3 tomorrow, after I drag myself in like a hero.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just spent like 2 or 3 hours reading everything on here. All the blog entries. It was actually pretty entertaining, too. Especially since I'm going through the same assbackwards ridiculousness of post-law school work-hunting. Except I graduated a year after you.

    I'm unemployed, and maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get a job at blockbuster down the street until bar results come out. And I went to a semi-sweet law school, at least in my own mind. Damn, that smarts.

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    I have a friend who went to an awful school who just graduated and already found a job. No bar results yet or anything. I was like "oh... gee... that's great..." At least internally. In reality, I congratulated her with extra email enthusiasm, becuase !!!'s are free. She's doing something I would hate in the middle of nowhere, but STILL! Unfair!!!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I'm still on a What-The-Fuck overload over my situation. It's so terrible, it actually goes full circle back to being awesome.

    At least I can watch the Price is Right (which is on now).

     
  • At 12:31 AM, Blogger Make Mine a Triple said…

    Aww, man, I went back to work that week, so I missed it. Did watch the last episodes the previous weeks, though, which was exactly as awesome as you might imagine it to be.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home