i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Stalker?

Sometimes I like to check the blog of my BFF from college who I rarely talk to anymore, just to make sure she's still alive. I guess I was not particularly concerned for a spell there, because she took her blog down (because someone was stealing from it - for what purpose? I can't imagine) back in January. January of 2007. Oops.

Now instead of emailing her - too obvious - I googled things I thought she might write about. My third try was "Jane & Joe" - her high school friend & conjoined boyfriend, and she popped right up. Then I read a few posts to confirm. It's true what they say: she is still alive.

But here's the thing: I know she has other people we both know who read it, because they post things there. But I feel kind of stalkerish, because she writes things she kind of hides from me. Like she became a vegetarian in college and I already was one and still am, but I know she's not because she eats steak in her blog now. But when I see her she doesn't eat meat. And I want to be like dude, stop living a lie, but then I don't know if I'm not supposed to read her innermost thoughts or whatever.

Are you all still out there? What do you think?

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    No shame in reading her blog to check on her alive-ness. I have (had?) a friend who pretty much disappeared from my life a few months back and if she had a blog, I'd read it to keep track of her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home