i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

In re: Request for Good News

Hmm... I generally only ever have news that ranges from Not Bad to Mildly Exciting. Not necessarily good. Here are the Mildly Not Bad Things that happened to me this week:

1. Two other new people at New Job are lawyers, so I'm not the only loser who can't get a job. And one actually practiced for several years before realizing that small firms pay nothing and are run by cranky old trolls who just want to suck the business dry while working their one associate to death, whereas at the government you can make more and work less. So that is somewhat affirming of my choice. Not Bad.

2. As of Monday I am eligible for matching contributions to my 401(k) like plan at work, which means I'll be getting about $2500 for free this year. Mildly Exciting.

3. I don't think I failed my second exam, unlike my first exam, which I undoubtedly did fail, due to the fact that it was harder than the bar exam (I swear to god it was) and I didn't even have time to finish it. Bad. But the second one was pretty easy. Not Bad.

4. We're getting a 3.15% cost of living increase, which inches my new paycheck ever closer to the realm of acceptability. Mildly Exciting.

5. I went for my laser eye surgery consultation and my corneas are mercifully of the appropriate thickness, so one month from now I should be freed from the tyranny and oppression of Acuvue. Mildly Exciting.

6. We got out of work early for snow on Thursday. This almost never happens in the frozen tundra of the northeast. Of course by turning us away from work, they were sending us out to face certain death on the icy, unplowed streets full of cranky nutjobs trying to get home one car length faster than you, however many innocent lives they have to take to realize that dream. But still. Not Bad.

7. My last exam is on Monday, and then there's no hateful school for almost a month. Not Bad.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YES! that's what i'm talking about. I think i wrote that last night whilst drinking myself into an unfeeling oblivion.

    I won't even tell you where I work now while i'm job searching. but it's fucking pathetic. But don't worry, i have an interview lined up for a law clerk position at a small firm, yeah, a clerk position. and I'm a licensed attorney. whatever, it's something better than i'm doing now.

    Keep this up. I loves me the updaties.

     
  • At 2:32 AM, Blogger Make Mine a Triple said…

    Woohoo! This all sounds pretty awesome to me.

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    lay some new year sweetness on us.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So I'm wondering, are you alive?

     
  • At 11:23 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    I used to check my friend's blog to see if she was still alive, since she's not good at returning calls or emails, but she abandoned her blog. (Or else she's dead.)

     
  • At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
    Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home