i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Coming Up With A Title Is Too Stressful

I'm having such a crappy, crappy day. I've had a migraine on and off for about 48 hours, which is wholly incompatible with studying. Plus my boyfriend has been the biggest most unsupportive jerk about this whole bar study experience. He doesn’t understand such things as that:

#1. I can’t get up at 6am, start studying, and be done studying by the time he gets home from work because I don’t have a fixed amount of work to do - I have an endless amount of things to know

#2. I can’t get up at 6am, period, and that does not mean I'm lazy, it just means i'm not a construction worker or a farmhand

#3. Doing the dishes is not even on my secondary list of things to do now

#4. Neither is vacuuming.

#5. Neither is doing anything in the bedroom other than sleeping, frankly

#6. And speaking of sleeping, yes, even though I have all this work to do, I DO still have to sleep, otherwise I won’t remember anything, so YES, sleep IS a priority

#7. I also have to take study breaks sometimes, and just because I watch tv for 20 minutes while I eat dinner doesn’t mean I am actually watching tv all day long while he is gone

#8. Whatever stress he thinks he is under, it is all self imposed, and

#9. Not one thing he thinks he has to do (or that he thinks I have to do) has to be done before July 26 & 27 except me learning everything I need to know to pass this stupid awful test.

So yeah...crappy, crappy day.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You should really re-think #5. Doing things in the bedroom other than sleeping is a great stress-reliever. It really helps the tension. Plus, your significant other won't feel like you can no longer make time for him.

    And, I'm not some creepy perv who cares if you have sex or not. I am just a married woman with a 4-year old child who is about to lose her mind studying for this damn bar exam and I don't know what I would do if my husband wasn't so willing to help me relieve a little stress when I needed to. So . . . I just thought I'd share.

     
  • At 11:45 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Thanks for pointing out that you're not a creepy perv ;)

    People who take the bar and have small children are my heroes. I don't know how you do it. I can barely feed and bathe myself right now.

    Plus if you blank on an essay you can just put "Because I'm your Mother - that's why!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home