i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Procrastination

On Saturday I drew up an extremely convoluted, detailed study schedules like one of those exercise plans you always make and never even start (e.g., I will wake up at 6am every day and run 20 miles, thereby losing 20lbs per week until I reach a state of antimatter and become a black hole, all in time for bikini season.) I stopped making the exercise plans when I was about 14, but I have this eternal well of optimism about study plans. Back in law school, I would make study plans twice a week that at the beginning of the semester would go something like:

Monday - Read all cases for Tuesday, brief cases, read commercial outline, brief commercial outline, begin researching paper due at the end of the semester, go to gym for one hour (ok so I haven't given up completely)

Then getting towards finals it would be like:

Thursday - makeup reading (500 pages per class), brief cases from makeup reading (approx 60 hours), brief new cases (1 hour), outline all four classes (100 hours), begin researching paper due on Friday (10 hours), outline paper (5 hours), write & edit paper (24 hours), go to gym + makeup gym (100 hours)

Of course I'd be writing that out on Wednesday, because I didn't feel like doing any actual work on Wednesday, but clearly on Thursday I'd feel like starting all the crap I'd been putting off for the entire semester.

I feel that perhaps this is not an appropriate method for preparing for the bar. As evidence, I just tried to do a Con Law essay (for those of you following along at home, it was #20) where I only saw 1 out of 7 issues. Argh!!! Doom!!!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 AM, Blogger Lizzie said…

    Oh my god. I can't believes how much I love this entry. I miss my insane study schedules. Perhaps that is my problem. I've only been making semi-insane schedules and I can easily complete half of them in any given day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home