i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Mmm...Gore...

I thought it would be nice to have nightmares that didn't involve taking the MBE, so we went to see The Descent last night. It worked, sort of. I didn't dream about scary cave monsters, but I didn't dream about the bar exam either. Woohoo!

I did dream that I was back in college taking some stupid class, and they made me live in a dorm, and the dorm was really gross. It was more like a hostel I guess - we had all these bunk beds and stuff. But I got up one morning to use the communal bathroom and it was just totally nasty and I was like "Omg, that's it, this is ridiculous, I am too old to be living in this kind of filth!" And I spent the rest of the dream marching around to different offices trying to find the right person to complain to. So nice to start dreaming of other things again =)

Back to the movie, if you like scary, gory movies, go see The Descent. However, if you do not like seeing people's insides on the outside, I would not recommend it. I thought it was really good, except for the stupid crappy edited ending. Its such a worthless cop out. If you find out what the original ending was before you go see it like I did, you'll be much happier. To the person who decided Americans need a happy ending at all costs: not cool dude. Not cool.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am still having bar nightmares. Just finished another one. Of course, it involved stupid civil procedure. We didn't even have a civ pro question. I wish my subconscious would stop messing with me.

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Yeah I had a nightmare that I was answering a Real Property question and then suddenly realized it was actually Civ Pro in disguise! Oh no wait - that wasn't a dream - that was my actual bar exam. Sneaky bastards.

    That's the essay I have to block out completely to feel like I have a chance of passing. If I start thinking about what I wrote... well... it's better never to go back down that path...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home