i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Official Swearing

It turns out I vastly underestimated my friend's memories (or their ability to set up little computer reminders.) I heard from the 3 people I would have expected to hear from, plus several semi-random people.

I almost did my first deal last night. I was so freaking close I had the paperwork all filled out, but then at the last minute it turned out the girl didn't have first month's rent on her. But it still cheered me up a little to think that someone might actually rent something from me someday.

I'm still going to call my temp agencies back today though. Ideally I'd want something long term & part time, or something full time that's under a week. I don't want to quit the real estate thing, I just need a little infusion of cash to cope with the fact that I spend uncontrollably from 11/1 - 1/1 every year. Stupid holiday spirit!

I'm getting sworn in this afternoon at 1. I've got to find the letter they sent sometime before then to see if I have to wear a suit or something. I guess I'm going to wear one anyway so I look employed if I run into anyone I know. I should really get some business cards printed. People keep asking for them. I can't imagine why.

Anyway, after I get sworn in, I get to drag Boyfriend around to pick me out a birthday/anniversary present (since he still hasn't managed to find anything for our anniversary at the beginning of the month). I wish I had a better idea of what I want. Besides, you know, a job and all, but I don't think they sell those at Saks. Maybe at Harrods though. I miss London.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:20 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Woohoo! Welcome to the ranks of real-live lawyerdom.

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger Harmless Error said…

    Didn't you think Maura Doyle was kind of hilarious?

    When I ran into a girl from school who I really like and who is doing exactly what she wanted to do job-wise, and she asked how I was doing, I said "I still don't have a job, so, you know." She's all, "Oh, uh, not really what I meant..."

    Is it sad that being unemployed is the first thing that comes to mind when someone asks me how I am doing?

     
  • At 12:29 PM, Blogger feithline said…

    Yeah she was pretty funny. I bet we have the most amusing swearing in of any state. Just what the heck is lucor though? And did I swear to eschew it or uphold it?

    I think what you said is perfectly normal. Being unemployed is so overwhelming and depressing that of course you feel like crap the entire time. Plus it's what we're thinking about like 95% of the time anyway. So you answered her question however she meant it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home