i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Show Me The Money!

I know it's been less than a week, but I spent all day yesterday staring into a bleak wasteland of a future where I slowly starved to death over a period of weeks, the silence broken only by the incessant ringing of my rich manager's cell phone as he scooped up all the potential tenants.

But then, in the darkness, a phone rang. MY phone! Someone finally called me about an apartment last night! Huzzah!!!

Unfortunately she wants to spend less than $1000/month, which means I'll be trying to convince her to rent one of 8 vacant cardboard boxes, 4 of which have probably rented since we last updated our listings, although some of them do include a shopping cart, which is a nice feature at that price. Our appointment is tomorrow, so I have about 36 hours to come up with some sort of strategy.

In other career news, I'm still in the running for one of those non-attorney IRS jobs. They've been reviewing our applications for two months now. I guess I'll find out by January, since that's when they're supposed to start. Those pay practically nothing, but I think the day shift ends at 3ish so maybe I could do the real estate thing part time. Even though I've heard that's basically impossible to do realistically. We shall see.

Last night I dreamed I was in my school's career services office sobbing and they were being totally mean to me. Although that could have just been a premonition. Or a repressed memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home