i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Why I'm Too Busy To Blog

Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Discovered that the city saw fit to tow my completely legally parked car.
2. Spent an hour on the phone dialing and redialing the Did You Tow My Car line, which has, apparently, only one surly woman answering all 9000 daily calls.
3. Cried for approximately 3 hours because I can't afford to pay $150 to get back my completely legally parked car.
4. Read Martha Stewart Living to attempt to cheer self up enough to go pick car up from evil bastards who will surely spend a toasty warm eternity in hell for preying off the weak and innocent.
5. Made paper snowflakes that did not turn out like Martha's.

Things I'm Doing Today:

1. Sitting in office not getting paid.
2. Receiving phone calls from people cancelling their appointments.
3. Calling crazy old Italian landlady to unschedule appointment to view apartment, which will take at least 15 minutes as I listen politely while she rants about how cats sit in windows and distend the screens, or similar.
4. Installing fiberglass insullation in the bathroom of the house we'll never finish.
5. Rubbing eyes, realizing only too late that I have rubbed eyes with fiberglass-covered hand.
6. Attempting to buy pumpkin pie filling and fresh herbs, even though I know they're probably already out of both.

Things I Will Do Tomorrow:

1. Sit in office not getting paid.
2. Pray for UPS man to timely deliver 8 ramekins, suitable for making custard.
3. Bake tiny individual pumpkin custards (I hate crust) in hopefully delivered ramekins with hopefully acquired pumpkin pie filling.
4. Attempt to make make pureed roasted butternut squashes with shallots and thyme from magazine recipe with out burning squash or self.
5. Attend boring, stuffy Thanksgiving dinner with family that is not mine.
(This being dinner #1, with Boyfriend's father's family, not to be confused with the actual Thanksgiving day festivities at Boyfriend's mother's house, which is what I'm cooking for.)

4 Comments:

  • At 11:26 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Um. This post kind of makes me feel like crying.

    I want a pumpkin custard in a ramekin, though. When can I expect mine? ;)

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Oh good, then I managed to accurately capture my week in writing. This means I've got to have a good week next week though, right???

    I'll stick your ramekin in the mail this afternoon. If it doesn't arrive, it's because your mailman stole it and ate it, so take it up with him.

     
  • At 2:15 AM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    That bastard! I think he's also stealing my Entertainment Weekly. He must be stopped!

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger feithline said…

    Oh, no, actually, that's me stealing your Entertainment Weekly. I don't read it either, I just take it so you can't have it :-P

    Oh ok... so I read it. I admit it. Now let us never speak of it again.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home