i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Deja Vu

I found a job posting this morning for my dream job - which, as you recall, I already interviewed for. This seems to happen to me a lot. I'm constantly applying for things that sound perfect, never hearing anything, then seeing the job reposted, which means "We already advertised this once, but only heard from total losers, so we're trying again, but for godssake, if you already applied, don't do it again, because you obviously s-u-c-k suck suck sucked!"

In this case it's a little different, because I'm sure they did hire someone the first time and now they're just looking to hire an additional person. But still. It would have been nice if they had at least sent me some kind of rejection letter, or postcard, or email first, considering I spent 3 hours of my life meeting with 4 separate people there on 2 different occasions. I mean, I get very polite rejection letters on nice stationary from totally random things I apply for all the time. They're like:

Dear Ms. Feithline, Thank you so much for applying to be the Manager of Guest Relations at the Loudon County Landfill. Despite your excellent qualifications, we have decided to go forward with another candidate. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors in the Landfill Hospitality Industry.

Sincerely,
John Lennon
Garbageman Extraordinaire

P.S. Enclosed is a free pass for the Historic Dump Tour, good for you and a guest. Enjoy!

But whatever. I'm applying again this morning. I only wish I'd somehow magically acquired some litigation experience in the meantime, since I'm sure that's what killed me before. How many times do you think you can apply to the same government job in a row before it becomes pathetic?

5 Comments:

  • At 9:43 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    File Under Stupid #342: I just managed to send the cover letter by email without the resume attached. Awesome! That just *screams* efficient, organized, and detail-oriented, does it not?

    I think I'm cursed. Cursed with stupidity. /sigh/

     
  • At 7:16 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Surely you could file some frivolous lawsuits between now and then?

    Voila, instant litigation experience! ;)

     
  • At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How exactly do you pronounce Hermes? I forgot.

    They say you need experience or you have to go to Harvard but really it's about who you know/do. Forget litigation just start doing people in suits. It's probably more efficient than all this networking bullshit.

     
  • At 8:13 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Well I was thinking of suing that bitch on ebay for defamation and I'm pretty sure that would end up in Federal court... with me vomiting in terror... more than likely on the judge...

    In re: Hermes, I don't get it. But I have no problem doing my way to the top, in theory. It's in practice, when your boss turns out to be a total troll, that gets me.

     
  • At 1:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm there with ya. And you gotta love getting a rejection letter from various places that have the SAME EXACT language. Its like they learned it at the same HR Symposium. Good luck with this one. You and I are probably fighting for the same jobs.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home