i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Puke on a Plane!

I was supposed to be in Chicago this weekend for a wedding, so that is where the bulk of my celebrating took place. My roommate from college lives there too, so on Friday night, we went out with her and I got pleasantly buzzed and showed my letter from the Board of Bar Examiners to a bunch of disinterested hipsters in Wicker Park.

I still can't read my letter past the first paragraph. I know there's some stuff in there about getting sworn in, but I still get all excited and start shrieking and jumping up and down when I read the part about passing.

On Saturday night we went to the wedding, which had a glorious Open Bar and also a Simpsons theme which I thought was very cute. The drawback, of course, of an open bar, is found in the missing ending to one's night and the horrors of the following morning. I fear the bride and I may have been captured on camera doing... shall we say things... inappropriate things... Boyfriend, meanwhile, took a shine to the bride's mother and danced with her incessantly.

I'm hazy on the other details, but I know we went to bed at about 2am because that's when the hotel bar was supposed to close, and we had to get up at 7 to catch a 9:30ish flight. That's when the real fun started in the case of I'm Expelling This Now vs. Oh Please Body No!!! Once at the hotel. Once in line at airport check in. I upgraded to business class in a brief moment of lucidity, because I thought it would make the mechanics of things easier. I believe someone found me a wheelchair at that point. Or I might have just been riding on a luggage cart. I don't really know. Once in the bathroom on the way to the gate. Once immediately before takeoff. Once immediately after take off. Once just after we landed, while the whole plane was filing past me to get off. The flight attendants pointedly did not invite me to have a nice day as we deplaned.

I'm taking my real estate license exam this afternoon. I've memorized the number of feet in a mile and the number of square feet in an acre, using my one remaining brain cell. And that's pretty much the extent of my preparation. So we'll see how that goes.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Now that your an attorney in Mass, you can actually apply to be a real estate broker once you get sworn in and apply for a Letter of Good Standing. I just did that for MA. Good luck.

     
  • At 9:27 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Yeah I saw that. If I like this real estate thing I thought I might do that in the future. In the way, far future, when I actually have a spare $5000 lying around for the bond. Yeesh.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home