i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Accessorizing for Bar Examinees


Oh man that MBE review just about killed me. I suffered through possibly the longest hour of my life listening to this guy harp on useless crap and then speed through the stuff he prefaced with "now this is really important, so be sure you know it." I even sat slackjawed through five minutes of break before I realized I was free to go. Ugh. God.

In other news, we got our little BarBri ziplock baggies yesterday, which is very exciting. Apparently I was not the only person who squealed in delight when I was handed mine because the lady handing them out commented that the girls seemed disproportionately excited about the distribution. But I mean, hello, free purse - who's not going to get excited about that? That's why you always see people carrying around the free piece of crap they got for resubscribing to Marie Claire. And that BarBri bag is way more stylish than some of those. I'm thinking of this one in particular:


Hideous, non? And yet I'm still delighted every time I drag it out from under the bed to find one of the spare wires I keep in it, because it was FREE.

Now I've just got to figure out what footwear will best coordinate with my BarBri bag so I can be superstylish at the bar exam. I'm torn between empty shoeboxes and plastic grocery bags. The plastic bags are the obvoius choice, but I'm afraid they'd be too matchymatchy. This is going to take some further thought.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG! You get some kind of bag!! How come Bar/Bri hasn't given us one??

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Blogger R'Enson said…

    Before you get TOO excited, keep in mind that she said it would be "matchymatchy" with plastic grocery bag shoes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home