i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Things That Are Hard

I hope you're all enjoying learning your Russian days of the week. I have them set like that to remind me that there are things that are harder than the bar exam. Like learning Russian for instance. I've seen Russian grammar make grown men cry on multiple occasions, including a high ranking officer in the Air Force. I spent four miserable years getting my butt kicked by that language, including 4 months in Moscow in the dead of winter. That was hard. This bar exam stuff is just tedious and boring.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Do you mean I should be able to pass the bar if I learned Russian? I hope so. Because I learned Russian. Really, really learned it. And yet the bar is in a week and I can't keep the damn UCC straight. Now, if you want to hear about the uses of the dative case, or about when to use the partitive genitive, I'm your girl.

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    That is exactly what I mean. Actually, if you learned Russian, you should be *waived* into the bar. I would also grant waivers to people who learned Arabic and Chinese. Also anyone who in their prior career invented such things as: the replacement hip, any effective treatment for cancer, the microchip, or any widely known theory containing your name in its title (e.g., Boyle's law). But do the bar examiners feel the same way? Oh my no. They want to make sure we can apply made up law to tedious fact patterns for two to three straight days. And do you know why? It's because they all failed high school Spanish.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home