i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Bellyflop

Well weeehoo that sucked. I can't imagine why they interviewed me. The ad was not entirely clear about what they were looking for. Turns out they're only looking for someone to do tax litigation, and I would rather be tortured in any number of ways than be a litigator. The second thing out of the guy's mouth was "Do you like to fight?" and I was like "umm..uhh..no?" What the hell kind of question is that. The first thing he asked was how I liked the bar exam. I was like "Oh i'm trying to forget about that" and he was like "Oh? Why?" Umm...I don't know...maybe because it was HORRIBLE. He also asked me what my salary requirements are. I had no idea how to answer that so I said I was hoping for something near the market rate. Anyway, I guess it's good practice or whatever.

On the bright side, I scheduled the interview such that I only missed the first ten minutes of the Price is Right =)

Also, for those of you keeping track, I did not win my trip to Australia but that is ok because I got very drunk on extremely cheap beer and thoroughly enjoyed jumping up and down on the field.

I'm hungry now. Someone come over and cook me lunch.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:45 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    All right, all right, I'm coming. But all you're getting is a PB&J sandwich. You will like it.

    I wandered into an interview with a tax firm once. I didn't realize they were tax only, because their description listed all kinds of other things. So they asked me how I felt about tax, and I said, "Well, that's not my favorite area, but I am very interested in [list of other things they presumably did]." The attorneys gave each other The Look, and then said, "You are aware that we're a tax firm, correct?" Umm......

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love tax. I probably shouldn't tell people, but it's true. LOVE it. I wrote my directed research and a moot court competition problem on tax. I'm such a dork.

    Sorry about the trip. That would have been awesome. I love free stuff.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home