i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Vampira, Mistress of the Job Search

My Glamour horoscope says that August is my month to get a job. I've been very good today. I applied to three whole jobs before noon, and I haven't been sucked in by the tv yet (although I did have to skip watching the Price is Right, which pains me deeply.) I also had two people look at the cover letter I'm going to use for my mass mailing project, which I hope to get out next Monday, and they think it's fine.

Today is Kangaroo Plate Day so you guys keep your fingers crossed for me. I hate to even think about it, lest I jinx myself, but winning would be so freaking awesome. I've got a 1 in 25 chance.

We're leaving tonight after the game to go to the Cape for two days. I've got to get some self tanner before then. I'm sure we're all a little paler than usual from being chained to our desks all summer, but for me that means I am White As A Ghost. Like glow-in-the-dark, can't-look-in-the-mirror-because-i-have-no-soul, mommy-mommy-what's-wrong-with-that-lady White. So here's hoping I find something that doesn't turn me bright orange (Neutrogena) or just make me look dirty (L'oreal).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home