i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Putting My JD to Good Use

I went this morning to register at an agency that specializes in law jobs. They made me take a multiple choice test of legal terminology (think: subp0ena, motion). I missed 2 out of 35 terms. I can't remember which ones, but one was something stupid and the other was motion in limine. The questions were actually pretty hard - I was torn between two answers a couple of times. I wish there had been a terminology section on the bar exam. Like maybe something where we had to use it in a sentence: "The attorney said, ''Motion in Limine' is an important legal term." Takes me back to 6th grade English =)

My other agency called to offer me the job from hell, which I took, because that's how degraded I'm feeling. It's being a receptionist at an investment bank office for two weeks, it pays 75 cents less per hour than what I swore was my minimum, and the hours are 7am - 5pm. Yuck! Plus I just know this means that on Monday my new agency will call and offer me my dream job. Clearly, however, if I didn't accept this crappy job, neither agency would ever call again, because that's just how it works.

Oh well. Investment bankers are totally hot.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Money is money. :)

    Nah, I know, it does suck. Hopefully it's not so bad once you're there and you'll get a call with the perfect job soon!

     
  • At 5:29 AM, Blogger Frolics and Detours said…

    Maybe you'll meet a hot investment banker who will make you his trophy wife and you'll never have to even worry about the job thing. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home