i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Unholy Rage (or, how my computer ended up shattered on the sidewalk)

Everything is conspiring to piss me off today.

I'm going to my 5 year college reunion in October, which I have been excited about for at least 6 months because all my college friends are going and also I went to school in Iowa, where you can get yourself and 5 friends drunk for $20.

So yesterday I decided to go ahead and book the hotel, even though it's over two months away, only to find that there are no more hotels in the right town. Fine, it's a small town, whatever. We'll stay at the next nearest town, 45 minutes away, and make it work somehow. I checked on the prices at the hotel there - $89/night, sweet - and called my friend I'm rooming with to make sure that was ok. I then checked the flight prices and times. I found reasonable flights, at decent times of day, for $275. Fabulous.

But today, oh, foul, unholy day, EVERYTHING is f*d up for NO REASON! The hotel which is absolutely literally in the middle of nowhere shot up by $30/night overnight! And the flights, if they exist at all anymore, appear to have gone up over $100. I question their very existence because I can't seem to book a flight at all, even at the extremely disgusting new prices. I tried through Travelocity, Expedia, Travelocity with a different web browser, and the United site itself, all several times, and nothing works. I can't call anywhere to try to do it over the phone, because I'm full of such bilious rage that I know I won't be able to handle the horrors of being on hold and having some incompetent idiot try to send me to Idaho instead of Iowa.

Plus my computer is being a worthless piece of shit. Everything, every single thing, is taking it FOREVER to do. I click between windows and it's like: "Hmm... I see that she's clicked on something... I wonder why... Could she want to switch to that? Hmm... Well I suppose she could... but let's wait and see, just to be sure... Better safe than sorry... That's what I always say... Oh well, she's clicked again... Fifteen times... I suppose we could switch... But not just now... I'm on my break... Maybe I'll just suddenly go into Hibernate mode instead for a few minutes..."
[screen goes blank]
[angry girl screams in frustration, hurls computer out window]
[computer shatters satisfyingly on pavement]
[screen flickers, just one last time - "Press OK to confirm booking"]
[all goes dark]
Fin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home