i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Shopping = Love

I got back from MD last night. I should have dragged Boyfriend down to DC to live. It's so much nicer there - practically no snow and they have 3 Nordstroms within easy driving distance. Unlike here, where we have 6 feet of snow and practically no good places to shop.

Anyway, it turned out that this was tax free week down there, which coincided perfectly with my trip's main purpose of replenishing my wardrobe =) I was mostly looking to replace things, so I didn't get anything too exciting, but I did get some very cute work shoes, two pairs of jeans from Express (and I only had to try on 12 pairs before I went there and found some that fit) although they are a little on the low rise side, two extremely soft sweater type things from Banana Republic, assorted nice smelling and/or sparkly things from Sephora, some new underwear from VS, and sunglasses that made Boyfriend burst out laughing when he saw me in them. He doesn't understand that I need to wear XXL sunglasses in order to avoid the paparazzi.

I also got my copy of Anonymous Lawyer in the mail while I was gone. It will be my first post-bar book (and my second post-law school one - the first being Jane Eyre).

2 Comments:

  • At 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't wait to hear what you think of the book. Ain't no secret that I adored it!

    I find that Sephora heals most of life's trauma's.

    Sunglasses are supposed to be big. I need laser eye surgery to really enjoy the best that they have out there...

     
  • At 8:02 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    When I was in college, back before Sephora, I would always go shopping for something pink, something fluffy, something sparkly, and something that smelled nice. I highly recommend that combination to deal with all kinds of trivial depressions. Major depressions, of course, require massive calorie infusions.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home