i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Crap!

Agh! Why! I got up at 6:30! I set out what I needed to take the night before! I knew exactly where I was going because I worked there for five months! I left 45 minutes ahead to make a less than 2 mile trip! And I got lost! And I was almost 10 min late! Argh!!! Damn you City of Boston for changing your streets around twice a freaking week!!!

So I pretty much screwed myself out of that job :(

Dammit!!!

I haven't heard back from the other job either, so I guess I'm not qualified to earn $15/hour. Maybe, if I'm really lucky and I take my law degree off my resume, I can get a job at Target. I know McDonald's is the stereotypical worst thing you could do, but I'll be damned if I'm working with grease. The bottom of my employment barrel, therefore, is Target. They're increasing the minimum wage here to $8/hour soon too, so at least I'll be making that much. I could probably get overtime too.

3 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Being 10 minutes late does NOT mean you won't get the job. An hour late? Hm, maybe, but 10 minutes + appropriate expressions of regret at 10-minute lateness + good interview could certainly = job!

    Keep us posted....

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I agree with Tab. I was about twenty minutes late once because of traffic and still got the job. man, those were the days. But what I mean is - ten minutes shouldn't make or break you.

     
  • At 10:54 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hey, I have an $8/hr hostessing job at a restaurant with my law degree, and I cannot get anyone to even consider interviewing me! So you're at least one step ahead on this game!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home