i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

On A More Personal Note

I've had other things going on besides the interviews that I've neglected to post about. Until now.

I put Project Inoperable Brain Tumor into action yesterday with an email to my temp agency, which, in all its worthless glory, has declined to write back yet. If I don't hear anything, I'm talking to my supervisor here on Friday. Although now I'm getting cold feet about quitting. I'm worried it will destroy my temp karma.

Last week I decided that I want to learn Spanish. I was vacillating for a while between Spanish and Portuguese (which is pretty big in Boston), but I think I'd get more use out of Spanish. Plus I think we all know Spanish to some degree already. Just from living in my sketchy neighborhood, I can already say some basic, useful things like "El caballo es muerto - necesito agua!," "Espero que los tiburones te coman.," and "No tengo mucho dinero." And why, you ask, do I want to learn Spanish? Because temping is So Freaking Boring! I have to find something to do that stimulates my brain in some way. I've got to make the decision by the end of next week - I think the registration deadline for the classes I want to take is the 9th.

I also decided I want to find an orchestra to play in (see: temping is boring, supra.) It's been 5 years since I played with other people (or, frankly, at all) and I really miss it. So I looked for groups that practice near where we're moving (soon - please god soon!!) and decided to email one that looked decent. The conductor wrote back the same day to say they happened to have an opening in the horn section & could I come to the next practice. Yay! So I am very excited about that. My first rehearsal is tonight. I've been practicing for the last two days, and I totally suck, and I still can't play for more than 20 minutes at a time, but I'm sure I could be decent again in a month or so.

There's more, but I'm not sure I want to post about it yet. Maybe I will next week when I'm all drugged up. I got a thick wad of prescriptions in the mail for the dentist thing, including antibiotics, rinse, 20 vicodin, and 4 ambien. Mmm...drugilicious. Just add ice cream and you've got delicious, nutritious Coma Floats!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    What instrument do you play?

     
  • At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would like to second Tab on the instrument question.

    I needed that cocktail after the arbitration on yesterday. You know, to ease the pain or something...

     
  • At 6:25 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    French horn =)

    I also play the flute, which I've actually played for longer, but I'm better at the horn because my fingers are naturally lazy (much like the rest of me.)

    And according to my degree I am "proficient" in piano, but that's a damn lie.

     
  • At 5:48 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Hee, I play the flute too. No, I don't [necessarily] mean that in a dirty way. I have a piccolo as well, but I find that I can't play that right now -- I think I'd have to practice on the flute for a couple of months before I could get any sound out of the piccolo.

    Not likely to happen....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home