i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Feeling Slightly Sick, For A Variety Of Reasons

We went away for the weekend to NYC on Thursday & Friday and a wedding on Saturday. If ever there was a place to make you feel old and decrepit, it's New York. In Boston, on those rare occasions we go out, you get kicked out of the bar at like 1:30 and you're like "Woo! Yea! I closed down the bar! I'm a total rockstar!" Not so in the big city. We managed to stay out until 3 both nights, but it totally killed us. I'm deathly tired and my skin looks like craaaap. Ugh. At least I managed not to totally embarass myself in front of my friends by drinking twice as much as usual (meaning 4 drinks instead of 2) before becoming severely intoxicated.

That's not to say that I didn't embarass myself at all. We were walking home one night with Boyfriend's ex-girlfriend (from high school) and we passed the Cravath offices and I got all excited. I was like "Omigod! It's 4am on a Saturday night and if we went inside we'd find people WORKING in there!"

In other news, I had a total Bridget Jones moment this morning, due in part to my experiment in sleep-deprivation I'm sure, wherein I managed to apply black eyeshadow to my cheeks in lieu of blush. They're next to each other in the compact - I'm not just totally stupid - so it was like half and half on the brush. I encourage you all to try it for a valuable lesson on what you'd look like as a heroin addict.

My interview is at 5pm today. Everybody cross your fingers for me!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home