i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Slow Going

Minimal progress on the job front: I applied for one job, I sent one email to career services, and I sent one email to my temp agency. That's only 3 of the 5 things I'm trying to force myself to do every day. I'm so not interested in doing anything else now either. It's so hard to sit, staring blankly at a computer all day long and then come home and want to have anything to do with one.

I wish I had some privacy at the office so I could spend 10 hours being productive instead of reading the freaking celebrity news for hours and hours. I feel like it looks bad to be applying for jobs from your job, even if it's just a temp job. And I try to get my celebrity news from, like the BBC or something so there's something respectable looking at the top of my browser, even if there's a giant picture of Paris Hilton underneath it. Whereas if I had even just a little bit of privacy, I could spend the morning applying for jobs and networking (ugh) and the afternoon shopping for tile and curtains and the million other things I'm supposed to be researching but haven't been because I have no personal time.

Thank god this stupid crappy job ends tomorrow. I only wish I had something lined up for next week. But I do get a lot more done when I'm unemployed, instead of just severely underemployed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home