i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ha! Fools!

Apparently my college found out I graduated from law school - they just sent a nice letter asking me to give a President's Society level gift of $1,500. Ha! They think that just because you invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in your education that you'll be employed and financially stable! The fools! They also want me to mentor pre-law students (or, rather, they want their vision of Employed, Financially Stable Me to be a mentor) which goes against my basic belief that No One Should Ever Go To Law School Ever if they can avoid it.

On the bright side, although it doesn't affect me personally at all, one of my friends who's been essentially unemployed since graduating last year finally found a real job that requires a law degree, provides health benefits, and pays real cash money. I find this somewhat reassuring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home