i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

0-2

Exciting things I did today: 0

Mind-numbingly awful things I did today: 2

Today I got up at 6am, attended my awful temp job for the requisite 10 hours, and I'm about to go to the grocery store. Maybe later, for fun, I'll read some actuarial tables.

Working is so draining, even if you don't have to think or do anything. Actually, especially if you don't get to think or do anything. I'm too wiped out to even watch a movie. I've had Gone with the Wind for two solid weeks now. Boyfriend is threatening to send it back. It's not that I don't want to watch it - it's that I have to go to bed at freaking 9pm to be able to function at 6am.

I got a call this afternoon from the temp place that is supposed to specialize in legal employment. They offered me a job where I would have to commute an hour in the car each way in wretched traffic, which pays 25 cents an hour less even than the job I'm at now, which pays less than I need to maintain my dignity to begin with, would last "indefinitely" (a fancy way of saying they'd stick me there and never find me anything better), and would involve calling up commercial landlords and discussing the provisions in their leases with them. I guess that's the part that's supposed to relate in some way to the law. That was supposed to be my good agency too! Bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home