i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Litigation Fantasies

It's kind of nice to have a job to get a day off from for the long weekend. They may even let us leave a half hour early tomorrow, although, as an hourly employee, that doesn't actually benefit me. I'm praying they're going to pay me overtime since I'll be working 50 hours this week.

Of course, in reality, I'll be lucky if they temp agency doesn't try to screw me and pay me less than they promised me. I was fantasizing about that today - I like to daydream about what I'd do in a potentially obnoxious situation. I'm always so assertive in make believe land. I like to imagine taking people to small claims court and getting treble damages and buying something nice with the evil-doer's money while they sit on the curb and cry and I point at them and laugh.

We were supposed to be going to Boyfriend's company summer party/insane lakeside boozefest on Sunday, but they're talking about postponing it because of the stupid hurricane or whatever it is. We're in MASSACHUSETTS for godssake, we should not have to alter our plans for stupid crappy hurricanes as though we lived in Florida when we receive none of the Floridian benefits, such as warmth, sunshine, and people who look attractive in a bathing suit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home