i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Le Weekend

The weekend is so blissful when it's your reward for having worked hard all week at a job a monkey or small robot could do. Plus I got up at 8am having slept in for two hours. I don't know that I'll ever be typing that again, so take note.

I'm almost all the way done with Anonymous Lawyer. I'll post what I think later this weekend.

I was reading about the Tax LLM program yesterday. You can do it part time in the evenings. But I just don't see how I could justify plunking down more money I don't have. One possibility, which is absolutely awful, would be to get a job at the university and take classes for free at night. I've worked with people who have done that, but for things like an MA in history. It would mean putting off the law thing for three more years.

But I know people who graduated from my school last year who STILL don't have real jobs. It's terrifying. They're just barely scraping by covering court dates for solo practitioners and things like that. Plus my school's career services office, which was all like,"Oh don't worry, we'll be there for you after graduation!" has made it pretty clear that their main concern right now is finding jobs for the top 10% of 2Ls right now and that I should stop pestering them.

Well fiddledeedee. It's the weekend now. I've got to go pack so I can flee the hurricane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home