i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Things I'm Worrying About Today

Today is the day I have to quit my temp job. I am scared. I'm technically only required to give 3 days notice, but I thought I'd be nice and give a week. The reasons I'm scared are as follows:

1. I have never quit a job before.
2. My boss is a screamer.
3. They might make me leave today instead of at the end of the week.
4. They might break down my will and make me stay forever.
5. I'm scared of the real estate thing, which is what I'm quitting to do.
6. I don't want to tell my boss that I'm quitting to do real estate because it seems like such a stupid thing to be doing when I say it out loud.

I guess I'll try to do it at 3. That seems like a good time.

I signed up for the real estate license exam this morning (on my cell, in my car, at 75mph - very exhilirating) and I'm taking it next Tuesday at noon. That gives me just over a week to figure out what's going to be tested and learn it. I'm hoping Barnes & Noble has some kind of book on that. I'll be buying it tonight, if it exists. Otherwise I'll be winging it.

I've started to feel sick about that OTHER exam. Not nearly as sick as I felt before I took it (for months upon months), but still, I've been experiencing some jaw clenching, tooth grinding, nausea, chills, and a general sense of Impending Doom.

Boyfriend and I set January 1st as the move-in date to our house. Notice I didn't say completion date. Oh no, we'll be attempting to finish just the first floor in the next two months. We'll be sleeping in the dining room, the front hall will become a makeshift closet, and everything else we own will be stacked to the ceiling in the living room and basement. But it will be so blissfully warm. Our boiler crapped out on us, so it's been about 50 degrees indoors for the last week, which doesn't really sound cold, but is. It's about 50 at my office too. Everyone here has space heaters except me, the lowly temp. I've been clutching little cups of crappy office coffee for warmth.

I'm starving and it's only 11:45. Stupid daylight savings!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 AM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    I hope everything worked out yesterday!

    I had a space heater until I was told it was FORBIDDEN. Fire hazard. Of course, I HAD gotten the model that turns itself off automatically after a set amount of time AND has a safety off feature if it begins to overheat. Bah.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home