i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Obsessively Thinking About Food

OMFG I just did some calculations with the WW points tracker thing, and it looks like 20 points = 1000 calories. That's ridiculous! No WONDER I keep going over! No WONDER I'm starving all the freaking time! No WONDER I'm dizzy! Ugh!

I believe you also get 200 calories of free raw vegetables built in, but plain raw vegetables taste like grass clippings. They also give you about 250 calories a day extra to use as you see fit, but I can't use those day to day because I end up having to eat out or at someone else's house at least once a week and I always end up using all my extras (like twice over) then. It's usually against my will too, so it's never like I'm eating anything good. It's stuff like dehydrated apricots in full fat yogurt over burned, overcooked white rice. Gross. I'll choke down as little as I can, then come home and find out it was 30 points.

Only 15 more minutes till 11. At 11, I get to eat an ounce of diced peaches. Goody goody. I think dieting causes a bar exam type level of crazy, but on a miniature scale. Related, but much less. Obviously. Nothing could ever be THAT bad.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Sarah said…

    It's ok. You get used to it, really. IF you've just come from more points of course 20 feels like nothing. Ok and I won't lie, I always eat more than 20 points because of exercise and flex points. But you have to eat a lot of vegetables and high fiber foods to not feel like you are starving on 20 points. Look on the bright side, I used basically all of my flex points for the week yesterday because I had pizza for dinner. 3 slices. YUM!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger feithline said…

    I was actually ok for four weeks at 22 with a couple of flex points. It's just frustrating at 20 to go over every day when you eat flex points. It's just a psychological thing when that little + turns into a - when you go over. Like a B+ vs. a B-.

    My other problem is Boyfriend is probably a little underweight and does manual labor all day, so he's starving to death and instead of just making something for himself he keeps harassing me to make more of what I'm already making. But that doesn't work for me cause if you make a big batch of something it's hard to divide it up evenly. I would just cook mine seperately, but he gets upset if I use extra pots too. He's kind of a huge jerk.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home