i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Stressed & Hungry

I have to talk to my temp boss today and I haaaayayayayate talking to bosses. I hate the powerlessness of the situation. They can decide to tell you yes or no and there's nothing you can do but quit and starve to death if you don't like their answer.

I just have to tell her that I need this Friday off, which I would have told her last Wednesday, except she made it sound like I wasn't going to be working here this week. Then yesterday she didn't mention till the end of the day that she wanted me back indefinitely. And then I felt bad mentioning that I need more time off cause I had just taken Monday off and I came in 2 hours late yesterday. I don't want to tell her why either and I know she's going to ask. I'm going to my 5 year college reunion. I need to leave early on Thursday too. Argh!

I don't know where this strange guilt comes from. It's not as though they have to pay me when I'm not here, and anyway it's not like they have more than maybe 2 days of work for me to do in a given week. But I still feel like I'm 2 years old and I've been coloring on the walls and I hear my parents come home and suddenly realize that I'm doing something bad.

I also have to email the real estate place I liked and tell them I want to work for them, but not until I at least have my license exam scheduled. They wanted me to quit my job asap and start getting trained. But I mean why on earth would I want to start working there until I can make some money doing it? So I'm not looking forward to writing that email either cause I know it's not what they want to hear. I guess I'm supposed to actually call them, but there's just no way that's going to happen.

God I just want to get to Iowa and get drunk. But even that is stressful cause I'm supposed to be on a diet, but like every meal out there is about 2000 calories by itself. I don't know if I should make an effort to eat nothing and be miserable the whole time or just say screw it and suck down bacon double cheeseburgers with thousand island dressing and onion rings on top (I know you know the one I mean) washed down with about 6 gallons of beer.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Eat the food! If you deny yourself, you'll begin to feel resentful and fixate on food so that you'll fall off the wagon big time when you return. (She says with the voice of experience. :) A couple of days of heavy eating won't hurt, as long as you resolve to return to your diet when you get home.

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger feithline said…

    Ok I'm sold. See, this is why I like you - although you do look remarkably similar to the little lady with horns that sits on my left shoulder :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home