i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sweet, Sweet Freedom

My boss called me in to her office this afternoon and was asking me things like "How many of these have you done?" and "How long do they take you?" and adding up the time and I was FLIPPING OUT because I'm always totally paranoid that anywhere I'm working monitors internet use and is going to fire me. So I totally thought she was going to yell at me for being a lazy slacker leech who's bleeding their company dry. But instead she said she was ever so sorry, but they just don't have as much work as she thought they would, and they're probably not going to need me after this week.

Hooray!!! Finally!!! I'm free!!! So very nearly free!!!

After I assured her that no, no, that's ok, that's why they call us temps, while restraining the near-uncontrolable urge to jump for joy, I called up both my other agencies and told them to find me something that pays a living wage, for the love of god, and is related to the law. They seemed fairly receptive to the idea. This is good. Very, very good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home