i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Retail Therapy

Why does shopping cure all ills? I don't have the answer to that, but I do feel about 5000% better than I did before I bought this fabulous dress (on eBay of course - I'm obviously still unemployed.) I'd say the breakdown of my elation is approximately 50% the thrill of something pretty winging its way to me even as I type, and 50% the overwhelming joy of getting something I like for 60% off retail. Ahhh god... I love you eBay...

I think I might win another dress later too. Goody goody. Also I was very good and avoided bidding on the Marc Jacobs bags because they don't have the exact one I want. Although black might be more practical than purple. And eBay purses make me nervous anyway.

Today is my I'm Shopping Because I Have To Have Scary Dental Surgery Tomorrow day, in case you couldn't tell.

No new job news. I applied to two new places this afternoon, but they're both big firms, so although they have advertised openings, I know I'm not their target audience. Bleh. Maybe I should buy a purse.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home