i (still) hate the bar exam

The adventures of a disgruntled unemployed former slacker law student struggling to pass the bar exam and find a job involving as little actual legal work as possible.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Three Unrelated Thoughts

(1) Coordinating the Holidays

Ok, so my new plan is to go home the week before Thanksgiving and for all of Christmas. I'll stay here for actual Thanksgiving and New Year's. I will try to muster the fortitude to choke down whatever horrors cross my plate on Thanksgiving day. Horrors, which, in the past, have included such things as charcoal figs. Not just charred, but complete lumps of charcoal, most suitable for barbeque use. I will also volunteer to cook many, many side dishes, unless I can convince them to just go out to eat instead, which would be vastly preferable.

(2) Repressed 3rd Grade Memories

On a completely unrelated note, I've had this horrible song stuck in my head all morning. It's something they taught us in elementary school about a cat who falls off a roof and dies. I remember it made me cry hysterically and they had to send me to the nurse. It goes something along the lines of:

He broke his tail and all his whiskers
Meow meow meow
And his little solar plexus
Meow meow meow

Is that not the most awful thing to want to teach children? Oh look I found it - thank you Internet, for once again proving that I wasn' t just hallucinating.

(3) Why You Should Drink Boxed Wine

I've got such a freaking headache. We split a bottle of Prosecco last night. Vile, vile Prosecco. It tasted like fizzy rubbing alcohol mixed with Sweet & Low. Ugh. I think I may vomit just recalling it. I was suprised - Costco usually sells decent wine. It was even worse than the stuff we had at some restaurant a couple weeks ago. The first clue that was going to suck was when the bottle arrived with a picture of lobsters in beach chairs on the front. The flavor progression went something like green apple - earwax - vanilla. At least it didn't end on the earwax, but still, I don't know that that's what one necessarily seeks out in a Chardonnay.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, Blogger The Once and Future TC said…

    Nice hotels have Thanksgiving and Christmas meals...they usually range from $40 to $80 per person (or if it's cheaper, you might not want want they're offering). They're usually very elegant and yummy and completely effortless. :)

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger feithline said…

    Well his parents are divorced, so what we do depends on which parents we end up with.

    Option One: Rich Father + Evil Stepmother - Evil S hates to cook now that she's wealthy by proxy, so we would indeed end up eating obscenely expensive restaurant food. This would be offset, though, by her presence.

    Option Two: Mother + Live-In Boyfriend - Infinitely more pleasant atmosphere, but this is the Lady of the Charcoal Figs. Although I'm sure she'd let me come over and cook. I guess I'm leaning towards this one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home